Tuesday, August 17, 2010

God Should Do More Planning

So it seemed like every little thing that could get in the way right before I was supposed to take off did. I was getting so stressed out. I had to get my glasses repaired only a few days before the trip and obviously I can't leave without them.

Friday comes along and they aren't in, which meant if they weren't in on Saturday, I would have to wait until Tuesday because Diamond Eyecare is shut on Monday. This would not only give me a late start, but I would have to figure out where I prefer to sit around and do nothing – Tucson or Phoenix.

I had to leave for Tucson Saturday morning to take care of other business and go to church before I would know if my glasses would be in or not. Do I go, or not? Rearrange everything again? Skip church? Keep all engagements and risk driving back and forth to Phoenix, AGAIN. Ugh. I was so frustrated. I was ready to go.

Well, God had a big "meanwhile" and was working on everything far better than any of the scenarios I was creating. All of what I knew had some sort of huge dilemma. Pessimism strikes back.

So I am getting my car serviced on Saturday and head over to the eye doctor hoping and praying they would be in so I could leave on Sunday.

God had an even better solution. The glasses weren't in… but…

He changed the hours of Diamond Eyecare to start being open on Mondays, starting THAT Monday. WHAT??! AWESOME! My glasses would be in first thing in the morning and Luke so graciously accepted a couch surfer one more night.

Not only did I get to hang out with him, I got to see Jenna and Melissa again. And Jonathan. I got some great prayer for the trip. I got further confirmation about this decision going to Elements at Pantano. I missed a HUGE storm that I would have been caught in on the road Sunday night – plus I got to just chill and watch the amazing lightning show. God also pushed it to Monday knowing this huge problem with a bill would come up that I would have to take care of in person Monday morning in Tucson. If I had left without dealing with it, I'm not even sure I could have dealt with it over the phone, nor would I have wanted to. I got to leave with a clean slate, a clean mind.

God is Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment